Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hired!

The title says it all. I just accepted an intern position with The Container Store's buying/merchandising department. That means I'll be in Dallas (staying with Brenda and Eileen) for 10 weeks from June 9 to August 15. Hallelujah! I'll have an income again!

It'll be wonderful to be around family that I don't get to see as often-- including Matt, Nichole, Torie and Reid-- but I'll be away from Steven and my friends and roommates that I've been looking forward to seeing since I left in January. I guess 2008 will be the year of Austin-deprivation, but I think this internship is going to be SO worth it.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

congrats, suga free!

i'm am very excited for you. you'll have a one up in our retail merch class now!

jennifer, this will make our 907 reunion all the more celebratory...

Unknown said...

Congratulations, woman. I'm sending you with wine and almonds. We'll be seeing one another on weekends.

Oh! Babe! Guess what I did last night for the first time in my entire life?!

I had a completely, absolutely, 100 percent lucid dream. Halfway through the dream, I realized it was a dream, decided to take control of the situation, and I did everything I could possibly think of. I even blinked you into existence at the end.

I've been trying to do that shit since the 10th grade. Be proud. I am.

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura:
Contragulations! Finally one last thing you have to worry about. Maybe one day you will back home in Austin!

Isn't it nice to be gainfully employeed!. I have been working on my expense reports (I do those alot) and checked in to find out your great news! 6 more days!
Love Mom