Monday, April 14, 2008

Wishy-washy and JOY

Ok, so after my last dramatic post I got an email from TCS. Turns out, they may consider me for a merchandising/buying internship since they don't have anything open in marketing. Hmmm... I emailed them back and said I would, of course, want to be considered (without trying to sound desperate). Once again, "we'll see." Meanwhile, in Vietnam I got an email from Hertz requesting an interview. Ha!

Reasons to be joyful today
1. Vietnam was great. When it wasn't great, we laughed. More details to come.
2. We didn't miss our 7am flight back from Vietnam. I consider it an accomplishment to even HEAR an alarm at 3:45am.
3. I'm back in Hong Kong where I feel quite at-home.
4. I finished "Eat, Pray, Love" and loved it.
5. I got an email from Megan Murphy and... SHE'S ENGAGED! Her boyfriend, Alex, proposed in Orlando a few days ago. She'll be the first of my camp friends to get married (Jan. '09 she said), and I couldn't be more excited! I haven't met Alex, but Dara has, and she says he's lovely.

Three proposals in four months. 2008 has been busy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanna make it four, baby?

You'd be the first to be engaged via a blog comment. Not sure if that's a prestige worth holding.

Happy about talking to you for an hour this morning. Going back to sleep now. Love.

Laura Gayle said...

I think you're going to scare people, but I appreciate your insistence on making it "special." I was hoping more for maybe a text message, custom made balloons or a pop-up Hallmark card. I guess a blog-post is close enough.