Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reading again

Since I have enormous amounts of free time (compared to life in Austin), I've gotten the chance to read more. You know, like the kind of books that should be read simply because you WANT to read them?! I finished Middlesex, most of Freakonomics (a few years late) and now I've started the wonderful Eat, Pray, Love. Last night I finished the first third on Italy. Maggie, I thought of you the whole time! Well, maybe not the whole time. In Italy she had to deal with depression, loneliness, and the official end of a relationship. But the rest sounded completely delightful! Now onward to two places I likely won't get to visit during my time here-- India and Indonesia. Who knows?! Still one more trip to go after Vietnam!

If I could figure out how to connect to people like Elizabeth Gillbert does in Eat, Pray, Love, I could make a lot of money. Even better than that, I would never be alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm reading that, too! you'll probably finish before i will.

yeehaw is here. she is visiting pip.

he's really cute.

Unknown said...

You should write a book or something. Just see what comes out.

Pip.