Tuesday, April 8, 2008

TCS, I'm bummed.

So my summer internship at The Container Store's corporate office is a no-go. I got the official word from Karyn, the recruiting director, today via email. I emailed her last week to see if there was an update, but unfortunately it wasn't the update I was hoping for. Trying to be positive... I'll might get to stay in Austin this summer instead of working in a city where I have no friends/boyfriend. I pray that my work in Austin won't be retail. If it is, I might be bitter.

F. I'm bitter now! If someone from TCS reads this, I don't care. Marketing departments haven't quite figured out that marketing majors work their ass off (for next to nothing$) just like the accounting and finance kids. No difference between us and them-- we just have more artistic flair!

And now I'm in the middle of studying for my last midterm. Our presentation and skit in Women's Movement went well today. Yes, we did a skit. We had signs, props, and a narrator and it was great. All five minutes of it. The locals laughed at the funny parts which is always a good sign. The Q&A at the end was a little awkward, but we didn't have to pull teeth to get answers. Oh, and Helen (the TA) and I are so close. Almost BFF. Well, maybe she would disagree. We're at least on a first-name basis and we say hello when we see each other on campus. Anyway, with Helen on our side, I'm sure we got a decent grade.

Oh, and today during lunch I picked up a small Hong Kong magazine to go alongside my turkey sandwich and banana. Inside was a 4-page spread on hairdressers in Hong Kong. I was THIS close to scheduling a haircut. I might hold out until I come home, but don't be surprised if I give in for the sake of feeling fresh 'n' summer-y.

Speaking of summer-- it was SO warm today! It's just around the corner!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry about your internship. But, maybe now we can do fun outdoor things and lake weekends all summer long!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Austin ones for you!

Anonymous said...

Today, Jamie Lee Curtis on Oprah said that Life is Hard and that's the way that it's suppose to be so we LEARN something. Okay so you have learned enough for a lifetime in HK. Think of the internship in Austin as a holiday at home in your own home...in your own comfy bed.
Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

Hey babe. Justin and I just hung up with you. I know you think we cheered you up, but if you were here to experience the current vibe of the apartment, you'd know that you did a pretty good job yourself.

Here's to a summer dedicated to our dwindling youth. Let's enjoy.

Love!

brehmers said...

screw dallas internships. you think i'm looking forward to being in a cubicle all summer. HELL NO. now i have another thing to look forward to when I come to austin...YOU! hope it works out for you dear.