Monday, April 7, 2008

Ta ta ta-day!

Whew! I survived both of my midterms today, but my right hand is barely hanging on. Too much furious writing on those tiny one-arm auditorium desks. Oh, and just my luck... the girl behind me during my marketing exam smacked her gum for the entire two hours. In an auditorium with a seating capacity around 250, I had to sit near her?!! I never said anything, but I'd continually turn around and give her one of "those" looks.

I'm working on my patience.

Before my first class this morning, I got to talk to Cindy and my dad-- which is always lovely. Dad makes jokes about China and I laugh. I think he still wonders why I'm over here. Nonetheless it was good to hear his voice.

From Kristin's last message it sounds like Kat brought home her new dog named Pip. Kat if you're reading this... Jesus! Email me sometime. For all I know you could have fallen into a well and everyone's telling lies that you're still alive. But I wouldn't exactly know because I haven't talked to you since JANUARY. Plus, I want to see pictures of this new man I'll be living with.

The only other moderately exciting news today was that Jen applied for our Vietnam visas today while I was running around being examined. Except when she got downtown, the man said they wouldn't be ready to pick up until Thursday-- the day we leave. She looked at him and said, "What?! No. Sir, just one day earlier, please!" He laughed. "Only if you pay $500HK to have it expedited will it be ready before Thursday." Jen, "But I don't have $500HK." He laughed again. Now she's pissed. She pulls out her credit card, but he just stands there and says, "We don't take credit cards." Shit.

Jen's working on patience too.

No big deal. I'll get them Thursday morning before class and we'll be good to go for our flight Thursday night. I think when I get to Vietnam, I'll feel more connected to Forrest Gump. Jen can be Lieutenant Dan.

Forrest: "They're sendin' me to Vietnam... it's a whole 'nother country."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh. I don't want you to leave again. Every time you leave I spend my incommunicado days wandering around, asking strangers if they'll spare a hug.

If I remember correctly, my place in our relationship is to act as the voice of patience. Yours is to act as the voice of sensibility and friendliness.

Without each other, you're impatient and I'm just an asshole.

I hope you have fun in Vietnam. See if you can find Charlie.