Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Girls Night

I'm in love with Tuesday nights simply because every Tuesday at 7:30pm "the girls" usually end up at Uni-Bar enjoying the last thirty minutes of happy hour with dinner. This week it was me, Jen, Jen Lien and Kristen (or Kristen-Florida, you might say). We had a wonderful conversation about everything and nothing at the same time. It was a conversation that can best be described as 'balanced.' The kind that occurs effortlessly-- with meaningful, hilarious input from all around the table. In other words, no one had to carry the conversation or perform a solo act for the others.

AND our favorite waiter, William, got my order right... to the T! Every Tuesday I say, "May I have the chicken pesto pita with just chicken breast... no skin?... and extra pesto, please." William may be our favorite, but he doesn't know it yet. He's catching on, though. We call him by name (even though he doesn't answer most of the time as it's not his real name, but his Western one) and try to chat with him as much as possible. Usually he's too busy or awkward to socialize. Oh well.

He's one of the many reasons Tuesday nights are so wonderful (and/or hilarious).

Oh, and I found out Kristen-Florida will be in Houston this summer with another exchange student, Alex. Alex will be at UT in the fall for his masters in engineering. How great is that?! Now if I can just convince Jen Fo that Austin rivals Boston for the best school spirit... Nah. I'll just have to visit Boston instead!

No comments: