Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday is SO the new Friday.

I didn't realize until today that the Chinese characters I posted earlier probably didn't show up on your computer, like they did on mine. All of the keyboards here are "normal" but there are ways to insert characters as regular text. I'll have to figure out a way to post characters you can "read".

I don't have much to report. This week I felt a lot like Steven usually feels at UT-- everyone's frantically running around trying to study and complete assignments. Meanwhile, he's looking around saying, "Is this 'hell week'? I have nothing due." I had two assignments due today, but I have nothing due through spring break. The most stressful thing I've done this week was unrelated to school. Oh wait, you probably read the previous post.

The weather here is increasingly fabulous. Today I sat outside and had lunch with Jen. It's about 75 here and sunny. It's perhaps more accurate to say 75 and hazy. Even without a cloud in the sky, it's not clear like Austin. Then again, there aren't 7 million people in Austin.

A handful of people are going out tonight, but I'm considering postponing the festivities until Friday. Lisa (Michigan engineering) is turning 20 on Saturday, so a bunch of people are celebrating the end of "hell week" and the start of Lisa's birthday on Friday. One thing to note... you would never think Lisa was 19! She carries herself like some of the 23-year-olds around here. I'm always impressed. I can't imagine being here even two years ago. Then again, how in the world am I turning 22 this year?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so old.

Unknown said...

Home!

Is this hell week?