Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jen's Steve

Jen's boyfriend, Steve, is in town. He flew in from Boston on Saturday evening, so I hadn't seen much of either of them until today. I finally met him this morning when they came back to the room at 8am. My alarm went off at 7:45, but I ignored it and went back to sleep. Before too long, I hear a key in the door and muffled voices on the other side. I immediately pretend to be awake. In fact, as soon as they walk in, I exclaim, "Hey Steve! You all have perfect timing. My alarm JUST went off." They reply, "Oh good," and Jen starts gathering her books for her long day of class. Before I try to sit up, I realize that I went to bed without pants on. I can't exactly be a good hostess for Steve, but I think I played it off well by lazily stretching and conversing from under my covers. It was a funny morning.

My two classes today were fine. Women's Movement is increasingly terrible. Asking questions in class only makes the locals roll their eyes. Oh well. Tonight Steve came back to campus from a day of exploring and met us for dinner at, where else, Uni-Bar. He got to have a few beers and Jen and I stuck with the Happy Hour 2-for-1 wine special.

And now we're back in the room. Jen is behind me re-packing her bag for tonight through Thursday. You know what that means?!!

I get to sleep without pants again tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally inappropriate.