Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jen's Home!

So, my UST-life is complete now that Jen has returned from the "island side." She did say that the hotel was really nice, and that it was refreshing to return every night after housekeeping cleaned up the room. I know that deep down she meant, "I miss sleeping across our tiny room from you even though it's dirty and my mattress is uncomfortable." Steve is great, but I know she missed me.

I spent part of the afternoon at the coffee shop and part of the evening in the library. I wasn't by myself in the library this time. I sat across from Joe, a really nice guy from Michigan. He's also having to adjust to being one of the only black guys on campus. If I'm ever in the mood to vent about difficulties in Hong Kong, he's the guy I talk to. Hilarious!

Jen and I ate at our current favorite dinner spot, LG1 (remember the crazy dim sum place?). Matt and Kaz showed up as we were finishing, so we stayed while they downed some fried rice and chicken curry. I'm meeting them in a little while to watch "Into the Wild."

I just looked at the clock on my computer and it's only showing a 13-hour time difference. I'm guessing that means it's daylight savings time!? Wake up everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, Jen's home!

On a completely unrelated note, we were talking about the lack of black people in China last night as we watched "Rize." The lack of diversity must be such a strange sort of culture shock.

I had too much to drink/too little sleep last night. Luckily, I don't get hangovers. ;)