Monday, March 10, 2008

Beautiful screaming?!

Today was the first time I got to talk to Steven, Gerrie, Alyssa and Kristin all at once!! Steven and Justin (and a few others) were at 907 watching some ridiculous dance movie. As soon as they answered the phone, all I could hear was screaming... but it was the best sound in the world! I started laughing so hard I had to walk out of the computer lab. I forgot that the "chanting" was about to begin in the atrium, so I had to finish our hilarious conversation in the lab. Everyone hated me for about 10 minutes, but I didn't care.

I miss them so much! On the outside, my friends may look like the most put-together, ambitious people you've ever met. On the inside, they're a bunch of nut-jobs. Funny ones. And I miss that. Let's not even mention that Kristin is going to be in Paris/Houston all summer... so I may not see her for a verrrrry long time. Too long if you ask me.

Anyone want to fund my return flight through Paris?

Kristin also reminded me that I don't know a lick of Mandarin or Cantonese. I don't even know how to say 'hello' (exept when talking on the phone... that sounds something like why'EE). Whatever-- it's a bad sign.

Ok, so I just looked it up. Hello is 你好 in traditional Chinese. Anyone know how to pronounce that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

??

i think i'm going to start soliciting my card making skills to some sororities. if make any bucks, i will allocate some to the send-laura-to-paris-because-kristin-will-die-otherwise fund.

readers of hong kong holiday, if you need any greeting cards, give me a shout. no, seriously. i work with some mad textiles.

I am sad you couldn't get krump with us last night.

gringaloca said...

woo, i love being your nut job friend!!

and look, despite what anyone tells you about "krumping" it may seem cool at first UNTIL you wake up the next morning unable to move every muscle in your body without feeling pain.

brehmers said...

i think i could be your sugar mama and fund your return flight through paris :)

i'd sell my soul to the devil to have you two here at the same time!