Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And so we shopped

Turns out Causeway Bay is a shopping mecca! The first mall Jenn and I went to at Times Square was 13 stories. We walked around a bit, and when we got tired we stopped for lattes at Starbucks. Roughing it, I know. I bought two light sweaters for about $17US each and two jackets for about $45US to help offset the cold weather.

Steven, you'd be happy to hear that we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Funny story-- they brought my dinner and it looked a little strange. 1) The steak came with sauce and 2) it had the wrong side order. When I corrected the waiter, he assured me it was correct and would fix the side order (no problem!). About 10 minutes later another woman came by with my correct dinner. Turns out, he brought me someone else's order. I had two dinners for the price of one (not including the price of awkwardness).

Jenn and I came back to the room early. We got food for breakfast and stocked our mini-fridge with some Chinese version of skim milk. Diabetes = mini-fridge = jealous friends.

I have a stuffy nose and ridiculous cough. It needs to go away or people might think I have SARS.

Orientation is tomorrow. School is the next day. *Sigh*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, there was a time when the mention of SARS, regardless of jest, led to the quarantine of whatever area the jokester was in. I hope that is no longer the case.

I think the coolest thing is that you're getting along with your roommates and fellow business majors so well. For people who don't have any souls, you ladies are very nice to one another.

Sorry you're sick. Maybe you're morphing into a Chinese person and this is, like, the first step. Like in 28 Days Later when they throw up the blood? Like that but with China.

Unknown said...

Are you gonna get a CHI in CHIna? Because that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

wahoo mini fridge!

random: does the milk taste different?

Kaci said...

Hi LG!!

It sounds like you are having a great time, and its a big adventure!

Jim and I went to Fogo last Friday night for my birthday!! It was sooooo wonderful - and minus Rocco! Thank you for that

I miss you... Hope orientation and your 1st day go well

BTW - you look tall and skinny in all your pictures!

Now that I've read all his comments - I really wish I had gotten to meet Vincent - he is hilarious

Have fun!!!
XOXO
Kaci