Monday, February 11, 2008

US China Relations

I made it to my history class early today so I got a seat in the front. It was unusually close to his podium, but far enough so I wasn't the absolute closest. Since I had been sick the weekend before, I brought a small pack of tissues and water to class just in case. I didn't to be the loud-sneezy-coughing girl in the front. Lucky for me, I don't think I coughed once during class. And if I did, it wasn't awkward enough to remember.

At the very end of class the professor, Dr. Wang, decided to review his list of pet peeves. Since I missed the beginning of the very first class, he might have mentioned these before. Either way he begins to explain his medical problems associated with his nose and sinuses. It sounded really bad-- two surgeries, constant medication, more susceptible to colds, etc. I felt bad until he said...

"If you're ever sick and you come to class, PLEASE WEAR A MASK."

Let's stop and picture it.

No, don't think I can do that. If I'm contagious, I won't be there. That or I'll sit in the back. Cultural difference #10293.

No comments: